Approximate Time from Application to Issue: Immediate – 24 Hour Waiting Period Before Marriage Solemnization Ceremony Can Take Place
Where to Apply:
Town Clerk’s Office
Conesus Town Hall
6210 South Livonia Rd.
Conesus, NY 14435
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE
• All documents must be Certified or Original documents.
• We do not accept photocopies of ANY documents.
• NOTARIZED documents are not certifications and therefore are not acceptable.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITH YOU WHEN YOU COME TO APPLY FOR YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE:
A. CURRENT FORM OF PICTURE ID (ONE):
(EXPIRED IDENTIFICATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!)
- VALID U.S. DRIVER’S LICENSE.
- VALID U.S. NON-DRIVER IDENTIFICATION CARD.
- VALID PASSPORT.
B. PROOF OF AGE (ONE):
- ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE. (HOSPITAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED BAPTISMAL RECORDS (MUST CONTAIN DATE OF BIRTH)
C. NATURALIZATION RECORD
D. PROOF OF DIVORCE, DEATH:
- CERTIFIED OR ORIGINAL DIVORCE PAPERS FOR EACH DIVORCE. (PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE)
- CERTIFIED OR ORIGINAL DEATH CERTIFCATE FOR EACH DEATH.
$40.00 CASH OR CHECK MADE PAYABLE TO TOWN OF CONESUS.
*****FOREIGN LANGUAGE DOCUMENTS ******
Foreign language documents must have certified English translations, as per New York State Law.
Acceptable are those produced by consulates, embassies, universities or an accredited translation agency. The translator must sign the translation, with the signature notarized by a Notary Public. The translator must also include a statement about their familiarity with the language and dated.